6.30.2013

What a weekend!  I am so thankful for the sunshine God bestowed upon us this past weekend!  

Friday was a beautiful day full of 'shoe organization'.  Sure, some of you are thinking 'is she serious?'.  Yes, I am absolutely am!  For the past two weeks I have lived in my brown and black flip flops - enough is enough! It was time to break out my summer sandals, wedges, and heels!  Mom and I headed off to the movies to see The Heat.  It was more hilarious than the previews let on.  Great comedic comedy team between the two lead actresses!

Saturday we attended the Braves game at Turner Field!  We left around noon to head down early and catch the Alumni game of Team Smoltz v. Team Bream!  Naturally mom was on cloud nine as she got to see MANY great names she remembers from years past.  I was very excited to watch some returning champs of the 95 World Series!  Team Smoltz won!  Following the alumni's = the 2013 Braves!  They played the Diamondbacks!  What an amazing game!!! There were too many clenched fists for 7 innings straight but the 8th inning proved to be the BEST!  The Braves took the game with 11 runs to the Diamondbacks 5!

Sunday we woke up a little late and headed to the one o'clock service at 12 Stone.  The sermon was led by a young gentleman who is involved in the student ministry.  He preached on the book of Daniel and the boundaries we should live within created by God: Financial, relationship, and parenting.  "Faith is God.  Favor is Faith."  Daniel chapter 1.

Top left final Braves score, bottom left Haley and I at the game, top right corner alumni players before the softball game started, center right McCann's shirt worn by a fan, bottom right corner an amazing view of Atlanta from Turner Field.


God Bless RachJ

1 comment:

The Steeves Fam: Geoff, Brye, Eri and Leo said...

I came across your blog. It's fantastic; I enjoyed reading it.

I am also a military wife and I wanted to contact you to see if I can mail you a free copy of a children's book I wrote for you to review on your site/ social media.

Here is the link to my book on Amazon (I'm legit!):
http://www.amazon.com/Daddy-Flies-Brye-Butler-Steeves/dp/1515014061/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1442458268&sr=8-2&keywords=daddy+flies

“Daddy Flies” is a children's book for 2-5 year olds about a smart girl named Katie, who uses her little-kid logic to figure out what her dad does at work every day. Her predicament is believable for children and amusing for parents. It’s 32 pages with full color illustrations and rhyming prose.

Please let me know where I can mail you a copy.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Brye Steeves

daddyfliesbook@gmail.com