8.13.2013

When It Rains .... It Continues to Rain

Will the rain ever stop?!

This seems to be a question every Georgia resident, or long term visitor, keeps asking themselves lately.  As we approach mid-August the children are heading back to school, college will start again soon, and many folks are ending their long planned summer vacations.  However, as they come back home it seems the rain is still pouring down.  Never-the-less I will not let a little rain stand in my way .... because apparently I love to stand IN the rain.

I spent what felt like hours (even though it was only an hour tops) at the DMV last Wednesday to renew my license.  For those of  you who have not experienced renewing/receiving your license in Georgia since the new rules have gone into effect, thank your lucky stars - or wait until it is your turn, but be prepared.  I am very thankful I did not pack away important documents that were needed to update my license.  I took a total of 11 documents with me, and graciously only had to use 6 of them in order to get a new Georgia license: this is ABSURD.  However, it only took me 20 minutes tops, once in the building, to transfer/renew.  Here is your warning: BE PREPARED!

As the weekend approached we experience tax free weekend here in Georgia and I would say it was mediocre.  I suppose shopping the weekend before and cheaper prices was really well worth the experience.  I also REALLY miss tax free week in Maryland.  'Those were the days'!  But I did get a new pair of tennis shoes to wear during Zumba that are not as clunky as my running shoes, and thank goodness for a military discount on top of the tax free.

On Sunday we celebrated the family 'August' birthdays! Big shout out to Haley and Leigh for another year added and another year wiser!


Haley and Leigh celebrate with 1 candle in the cake! Meme and Todd watch with excitement.
 We attended the Braves game on Monday night as they played the Phillies.  We waited almost 3 hours for the game to begin, due to ..... RAIN!  Guess you are not surprised.  When the first pitch was finally thrown it continued to rain for at least 30 more minutes and then the skies finally closed and we could watch without mounds of gear and water weighing us down.  While walking around the stadium we discovered the new Waffle House.  Haley couldn't resist a photo op.

Left: Storms were brewing
Right: Haley find Waffle House
One final shout out:
Everyone knows I love Arbonne!!  I tried their Vanilla Protein Shakes for the first time and absolutely loved it!  Jennifer Reitz hooked me up with some amazing recipes to use with my powders and I cannot wait to try them all.  Thanks Jen!

Almond Crunch recipe with vanilla protein powder




God Bless RachJ

No comments: